Titan TMG presented on May 9, 2002, at 10 a.m., at its headquarters in Bucharest, 250 BASARABIA Blvd., 3-rd district, one of the biggest machine-tools ever built in Europe and the only one of this kind manufactured in Romania, a special Gantry Milling Machine combined with a Lathe table, which can operate as a Vertical Turning and Boring Mill, too. We are proud that this machine, marked "Made in Romania" and meeting all the requirements of European Community Standards was launched with the "Europe Day" occasion. This special machine, designed and built by Titan TMG for the French customer SOTRALENTZ Metal Industrie, has the following subassemblies:
- floor tables,
- gantry beds,
- saddles under left and right columns,
- vertical milling rail head,
- two side heads,
- bed and table for a Vertical Lathe type SC 50/80.
The machine is operated by a Computerized Numerical Control, having 17 axes numerically controlled, from which five axes can be simultaneously controlled.
This Special machine is formed of four distinct machines:
which can perform a great diversity of operations:
- the Gantry Milling Machine itself,
- the Vertical Turning and Boring Mill and
- two Floor Type Horizontal Boring and Milling Machines,
The machine working possibilities have been increased by its equipping with different special accessories:
- Milling, drilling and threading with the tap borer (specific to the Gantry Milling Machine) - Workpiece maximum width: 4000 mm - Workpiece maximum length: 17 000 mm - Workpiece maximum height: 5000 mm - Maximum accepted load on the table: 240 tons
- Turning, threading and milling operations (specific to the Vertical Turning and Boring Mills): - Table diameter: 5000 mm - Workpiece maximum diameter: 8000 mm - Workpiece maximum height: 5000 mm - Maximum accepted load on the table: 150 tons
- Milling, drilling, threading with the two side heads (specific to the Horizontal Boring and Milling Machines) - Workpiece maximum width: 4000 mm - Workpiece maximum length: 17000 mm - Workpiece maximum height: 4000 mm - Maximum depth: 2300 mm
This Special Gantry Milling Machine has very high performances thanks to quality and accuracy of the component parts, as well as to the elements purchased from well-known companies:
- bi-rotary milling head (two numerically controlled axes),
- universal milling heads,
- turning faceplate and milling extensions.
- SIEMENS CNC unit type SINUMERIK 840 D,
- REXROTH and PARKER hydraulics,
- HEIDENHAIN system (linear scales and encoders),
- FAG, TIMKEN and SKF bearings.
TITAN MASINI GRELE -S.A. main business is concentrated now on the manufacture of large machine-tools and special purpose machines and spare parts for the major global tire manufacturers, being also very capable of manufacturing special purpose machines and parts for almost any industry.
TITAN MASINI GRELE is able to offer to prospective clients the following capabilities for the competitive manufacture of machines, sub-assemblies and parts:
- Small to large welded fabrications in steel, stainless steel and aluminum.
- Small to large machined parts from fabrications and castings.
- Manufacture, assembly and testing of complete machines according to customers’ designs, including electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic controls.